A Marriage Makeover
Wouldn’t it be awe-inspiring if a major TV network had the guts to do a show called Christian Marriage Makeover? This would be revolutionary reality TV.
Here’s my thoughts on what the show might offer.
- Different styles of prayer, worship music, and outdoor activities would be introduced to assist a couple with God connection opportunities.
- The best marriage counselors would be available providing conflict resolution skills and build communication.
- Both families would be flown in so all dysfunctional behaviors would be dealt with.
- The producers would select 10 bible teaching churches in the area a couple lives and setup weekly visits; giving them an opportunity to select a church home together.
- Weekly makeover messages from the bible would provide a couple with concrete concepts of God’s design for marriage. And, help them discern if they are on the same page spiritually.
- A mentor couple would be assigned for the first two years of marriage.
Couples can make a marriage look great on the outside with the beauty of their wedding day. However, only God can do a marriage makeover on the inside. The next steps depend on the couple. Will they invite Christ into their hearts and their home? That’s when life-changing marriage makeovers happen.
Do you think couples would be up to the challenge?
I wonder what the ratings would be?